Dr. JM Borys, Mrs. Marjon Bachra and Mr. Eric van den Burg (Alderman Health and Welfare, Sports and Recreation, Spatial Planning, Land Management, City of Amsterdam), introduced the day and presented new EIN developments.
Jacob Schouenborg (Secretary General at ISCA) then introduced the European project Active Voice, on how advocacy can change the fortune of Community-Based Programmes – (download the presentation: 1_EOF_Part 1). The “House of Commons” debate that followed, led by Jaap de Graaf (PPP expert at Jongeren Op Gezond Gewicht) made the crowd react to assertions about Public-Private Partnerships.
Then, 2×2 parallel capacity building workshops were organised, on:
- Monitoring & Evaluation – Tommy Visscher – Lisa van Antwerpen – 2_EOF_Monitoring_van Antwerpen
- Healthy Sportcanteen – Roland Rijshouwer: Advisor Team:Fit – 3_EOF_Healthy Sport Canteen
- Getting parents involved: think inside the box – Floor Wijburg – 4_EOF_Parental involvement
- Political involvement at local level – Westminster – Eva Hrobonova and Ellie Lewis – 5_EOF_Political involvement Westminster
- Finally, Ursula Heath, Director of The Daily Mile in UK and Scotland presented the Daily Mile, an initiative where the teachers take their primary school classes outside to run for 15 minutes each day – 6_EOF_Daily Mile