The 3-year European project OPEN supports 13 community-based programmes and initiatives in scaling-up their programme and in widening their target group scope, including adolescents.
The 13 programmes and initiatives are reaching 3 900 000 families, of which 975 000 children and adolescents.
The countries involved:
Northern Europe : Sweden
Eastern Europe : Poland, Romania, Slovakia
Western Europe : France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany
Southern Europe : Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece, Malta.
- 2 Universities are appraising the programmes’ methodology and provide recommendations for them to develop new actions targeting adolescents.
- The collaborating partners share their best practices and learnings.
- The general management of the project is done by Protéines Paris & Brussels.
The expected outcomes at the end of the project (December 2016) are the following:
- Coordination teams concrete progress in terms of scaling-up, design, implementation and evaluation via capacity-building workshops, tailored coaching and resource database.
- Coordination teams have implemented sustainable actions at local level targeting adolescents via the evidence and practice-based recommendations.
- Providing open access tools for all communities who would like to implement community-based programmes and actions targeting adolescents in deprived areas: literature review, resource database, case studies, web documentary, resources for PR, workshops etc.